COMMUNICATION + PRESENTATION
The average loss per company, per year, is $62.4 million because of inadequate communication to and between employees.
Communication is not a soft skill. It affects the bottom line and offers tangible return on investment. Forty-six percent of change management efforts fail during execution because of communication. Poor communication leads to project failure a third of the time, and for every $1 billion spent on projects, $75 million is put at risk by ineffective communication.
Organizations held more than 25 million meetings per day in the United States in 2016. Executives considered 67% of them unproductive. Executives agree. Nearly 50 percent would rather be waiting in line at the DMV or watching paint dry than attend status meetings. The worst part is 46% of attendees leave meetings without a clear understanding of the next action item. The estimated cost: $37 billion in lost productivity.
Communication coaching goals:
- Establish trust. Build an approach to establishing trust with colleagues and clients.
- Guidance. Learn how to guide individuals and teams through encouragement, praise and honest review.
- Build radical candor. Learn how to create a culture of open communication.
- Motivation. Understand and discover the ‘why’ for everyone you work with. Once this has happened, you have greater ability to lead and influence any individual or team through communication.
- Feedback. Develop skills to share productive and extremely direct feedback through a culture of authentic communication.
Strong brands, like influential leaders, are built